St. Louis’ public television station is currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Graphic Designer for a full time position to work on a variety of projects, from printed material (such as marketing collateral, bi-monthly magazine, event graphics, presentation materials, signage, packaging and much more) to online and on-air graphics. The successful candidate will remain motivated on projects ranging from highly creative concepts to production work.
The Graphic Designer will possess a strong sense of design and creativity while adhering to strict brand guidelines. He or she must be detail-oriented with great organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects from concept to print, and come up with creative solutions in a limited timeframe. Applicant must excel in a fast-paced environment and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and outside vendors.
College degree in graphic design or equivalent in training and experience is required. Two years design experience in a professional environment is preferred. Candidate must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge and experience in photography, web design and video editing are considered a plus. A quality portfolio is required for consideration.
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Summary of the basic responsibilities or goals of the job, including its scope or limitations.
- Responsible for the design, layout and production of all printed marketing collateral.
- Responsible for the design and layout of PowerPoint presentations.
- Support graphic needs of websites, digital promotions, and on-air promotions.
- Organize and archive design and photography files.
- Work with outside vendors and printers to ensure quality printing, quality service and competitive pricing.
- Assist in the implementation of branding.
- Regularly report progress and status of projects.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and applications related to graphic design functions.
- Stay in tune with current trends of PBS, member stations, related public media affiliates and nonprofit organizations.
Listing of the specific duties or performances necessary to carry out the above-mentioned responsibilities.
- Design, layout and production of nineMagazine, Nine Network’s bi-monthly programming schedule and member magazine.
- Design, layout and production of direct mail and other membership materials.
- Design, layout and production of general office stationary, including business cards, letterhead, envelopes and more.
- Design, layout and production of invitations, signage, nametags and other event related material.
- Design and production of graphics and presentations for meetings and events.
- Design, layout and production of folders, flyers and other marketing materials.
- Design, layout and production of DVDs, including cases and menus.
- Design and production support of website, eblasts and other online activities.
- Design and production support of pledge drive graphics for use on air and online.
- Assist with shooting, editing and archiving still photography.
- Coordinate and maintain file archiving system.
- Other duties as assigned
Educational requirements, certification or licensing standards, experience and basic knowledge requirements
- College degree in graphic design or equivalent in training and experience.
- Professional work experience in graphic design.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in web design considered a plus.
- Video editing experience considered a plus, including knowledge in Adobe AfterEffects.
- Knowledge and experience researching, selecting, shooting and editing still photography.
- Strong conceptual design and typography skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple project timelines. Basecamp experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with varying amounts of lead-time.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must possess quality portfolio of work and experience.
The Nine Network offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply,
e-mail resume and design samples to email@example.com or mail to Nine Network of Public Media—Human Resources, 3655 Olive Street, St. Louis, MO 63108-3601. Job is open until filled. The Nine Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.