The Nine Network of Public Media in St. Louis, MO (ninenet.org) is in search of eager, hard-working interns that want to learn about and apply their skills and talents to support the Nine Network of Public Media’s work in community engagement. To apply, please e-mail a resume and cover letter indicating your skills and interest noting your preference for hourly compensation or credit to email@example.com
Early Education Intern
The Nine Network of Public Media seeks self-motivated, creative interns with excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills to assist with the Nine’s innovation in the area of early learning. The aim of this work is to actively care for the most vulnerable children of our region through quality educational programs and partnerships. Must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and educational approaches. Individual must have both talent and interest in working with a wide range of early education stakeholders (parents, children, community members, etc.), organizing learning materials, and preparing resources for meetings, events, and interactive learning experiences.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated an accredited college or university
Relevant Coursework: Communication, Media Literacy, Educational Studies, Early Education, Elementary Education, Early Childhood Development, Library Science, Social Work, Public Health, Social Justice, International Studies or Special Education
- Must be willing to help organize and assist with early learning resources, community engagement activities, partner meetings, etc.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Experience with working and communicating with children ages birth through 8 years old
- Overall ability to properly use Microsoft Office and Google Drive/Docs
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Must be self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- Must be dependable and team-oriented
- Must be comfortable with indoor and outdoor family experiences at a range of MO/IL locations
- Must have knowledge of or comfort with English as a Second Language families and settings
- Must have or be willing to develop cultural competence to serve diverse families
- Must be willing and able to represent the Nine Network of Public Media at public events
- Must have evening and weekend availability with an average of two (2) Saturdays each month
- Contribute to the advancement of early learning events and initiatives, including PBS EdCamp, Ready to Learn, Storytime in the Commons, Kids & Coffee and others
- Support relevant innovations that utilize public media to address social emotional development, trauma-informed approaches, systemic educational challenges, two-generation approaches to economic mobility and racial inequity.
- Facilitate early learning activities with a variety of family, youth, and early childhood groups.