The Nine Network of Public Media is looking for an eager and committed associate producer to advance interesting and important storytelling in the region. The Associate Producer works collaboratively with team members to support the production of content that is produced on-time, on-budget, and in alignment with the trusted brand of public media.
The Associate Producer supports the research, development, writing, editing, shooting, and delivery of compelling original content. This position works under identified timelines and budgets and adherence to a schedule and a strong work ethic is required.
The ideal candidate is a doer, able to take direction, a team player and problem solver. In addition, this person has demonstrated success in broadcast and digital content creation, including but not limited to, video, audio, graphics and field production.
The Associate Producer also works simultaneously across multiple engagement and content projects and supports other opportunities as they arise.
- Support the creation of original and compelling documentaries and/or original programming segments
- Support the writing and editing of scripts, field producing, and video editing;
- Manage short term engagement projects such as screenings, panel discussions, etc.;
- Prepare regular reports and written documents for projects;
- Work effectively with external constituents, always representing Nine Network with integrity;
- Solicit feedback from and establish strong working relationships with all Nine Network teams;
- Take the initiative to identify opportunities, innovative approaches and ways to advance Nine Network engagement and content projects;
- Identify resources needed to execute all job responsibilities; and,
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the production of innovative and impactful content for multiple platforms;
- Excellent understanding of the application of content production principles;
- Ability to work independently from, as well as collaboratively with, a diverse group of professionals in an ever-changing and fast-paced media environment;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal skills, as well as writing and presentation skills
- Undergraduate degree in multimedia, communications, journalism or related discipline (B.A., B.S.)
- Proficent in Final Cut X and other industry standard editing programs
- At least one year of experience working professionally in media
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Awareness/understanding of community needs
- Ability to promote and build a team atmosphere and work in a highly integrated team environment.
- Initiative to see things that need to be executed and with proper direction, execute
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Google docs
- Social networking experience for professional use using popular platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram)
- Proven ability to quickly gather, learn and analyze information on a variety of topics
The Nine Network offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is February 9, 2020. The Nine Network is an equal opportunity employer.