Aged Gin Cocktail
Recipe: Aged Gin Cocktail with Berry-Thyme-Pepper Shrub
Great way to use seasonal fruit -- and in particular bruised or on-the-edge fruit that otherwise might go bad. Vinegar must have at least 5% acidity, but otherwise, you can use whatever vinegar you like. White, brown or raw sugar may be used.
- Strawberry and rosemary
- Blueberry, blackberry and thyme
- Pear, ginger and cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white wine vinegar, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup blueberries, bunch of thyme and 1 Tbsp black peppercorns and simmer.
- Cool and strain through cheesecloth.
Blue Gin Cocktail:
1.5 oz aged gin
.5 oz blueberry-pepper shrub