Last Updated by
The Research Associate will work closely with the Nine Network’s Development Team to evaluate and profile corporate and foundation prospects in support of Nine’s development initiatives. This position plays a crucial role in the fundraising process by providing timely, actionable, value-added intelligence to frontline fundraisers and management regarding internal data and viewership analysis, as well as prospects’ capacity and interests.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Research, evaluate and synthesize PBS data, Nielsen, PrimeLingo/ Scarborough databases, Rhiza databases, Google Analytics, Allegiance donor database, iWave, Foundation Directory and syndicated research to develop persuasive proposals that address funder challenges, goals, and benefits;
- Interpret and evaluate data/research results, communicate analysis in the appropriate format to colleagues, and implement follow-up research all to assist frontline fundraisers with prospect category selection, cultivation and solicitation plans;
- Develop professional, credible, logical and compelling sponsorship proposals and packages for funders and prospects, using research tools and data sources to highlight viewer data and trends. Proposals and packages will effectively communicate Nine Network’s community impact and marketing value to current and prospective funders;
- Create sponsorship value calculator to highlight and understand the value of supporting Nine’s content and community initiatives;
- Craft printed and digital deliverables by integrating content and graphics in proposal templates; apply organizational standards including readability, consistency, and tone;
- Complete broadcast and online schedule post-analysis – determine ratings and recap the number of actual impression delivered vs. what was proposed for all platforms;
- Work collaboratively with development team on funder reporting (Grant, Impact and Interim reports).
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct prospect research on institutions and individuals as directed by management to aid the business development process;
- Generate regular and ad hoc reports by appropriately translating data analysis into relevant messaging that contribute to fundraising and organizational success;
- Monitor, analyze, and disseminate news regarding individual prospects, the economy, philanthropic trends, and the culture at large that could impact Nine Network as a whole;
- Add, monitor and update research tools and PBS resources on release of newer surveys and data;
- Maintain a logical and efficient filing system for all projects (proposals, packages, reports and resources) that can be easily searched and accessed by development team members and management.
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS degree and preferably two years of relevant experience, preferably in either a non-profit or market research environment. The successful candidate will possess strong research skills using a variety of subscription and freely available online resources and have experience with data analysis. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work and interact successfully in a team environment with all levels of staff, volunteers, and the public.
- BA/BS degree and at least two years of relevant experience;
- Strong research skills;
- Experience with data analysis;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Proficiency with subscription and freely available online resources;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidates with experience in non-profit or market research are preferred;
- Proficiency in working with Nielsen, PrimeLingo/Scarborough/Rhiza databases, Google Analytics, Allegiance donor database, iWave, Foundation Directory;
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, specifically in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Research Associate will be an employee of the Nine Network of Public Media, an equal opportunity employer. Applications for the position must be submitted by August 1, 2018.