Last Updated by
The Nine Network of Public Media is looking for a dynamic content producer to advance interesting and important long form storytelling in the region. The Producer works collaboratively with team members to ensure that content is produced on time, on budget, and in alignment with the trusted brand of public media. The ideal candidate is a doer, able to take direction and offer workable ideas to create the best possible content aligned with project goals.
The Producer is responsible for researching, developing, writing, editing, shooting, and delivering compelling original and long form programming content. The ideal candidate will be a versatile storyteller who knows how to dig deep into topics of interest to the community and turn concepts into immersive and meaningful documentaries.
The Producer works independently and collaboratively with team members, often under deadline pressure to ensure that content is produced in a timely way to ensure project goals are met. The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated success in long form content creation, including but not limited to, video, audio, graphics and field production. The position works under identified timelines and budgets and adherence to a schedule and a strong work ethic is required.
- Work with internal staff and funders to plan, produce and distribute quality content around identified issues, initiatives, and programs
- Create original and compelling documentaries and/or original and long form programming segments, conduct interviews, write and edit scripts, field produce, and edit video
- Gather information for segments using beat sources, contacts and leads
- Combine video, audio and graphics in the pursuit of effective and accurate storytelling
- Work with videographers
- Work effectively with external constituents, always representing Nine Network with integrity
- Solicit feedback from and establish strong working relationships with all Nine Network teams
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of the trends, technology changes, and best practices in video delivery for multiple mediums
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in producing innovative and impactful long form content for multiple platforms
- Excellent understanding of the application of media production principles
- Ability to work independently from, as well as collaboratively with, a diverse group of professionals in an ever-changing and fast-paced media environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal skills, as well as writing and presentation skills
- Undergraduate degree in multimedia, communications, journalism or related discipline (B.A., B.S.)
- Proficent in Final Cut X and other industry standard editing programs
- At least five years of experience working professionally in content creation
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to promote and build a team atmosphere and work in a highly integrated team environment.
- Initiative to see things that need to be executed and with proper direction, execute
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Google docs
- Strong strategic thinking and analysis capacity
- Proven ability to quickly gather, learn and analyze information on a variety of topics
The Nine Network offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by November 15th, 2018. The Nine Network is an equal opportunity employer.