Media Relations Manager
Last Updated by
Company: Nine Network of Public Media
Location: St. Louis, MO
Position: Full Time
Reports to Director of Marketing and Communications
St. Louis’ public television station is currently seeking a Media Relations Manager to generate a high level of visibility for the Nine Network. This includes working with local and national media and deploying social media to expand public awareness and appreciation of the Nine Network’s initiatives, programs, events, achievements and overall identity.
The Media Relations Manager is responsible for developing, writing, distributing and effectively communicating compelling information about the Nine Network to be used by traditional and new forms of digital media, including, but not limited to news releases, feature stories, press kits, videos and social media posts.
Responsibilities include strengthening relationships with local and national media, pitching “stories,” managing media interviews, escorting public television personalities to media interviews, maintaining up-to-date media lists, and managing and reporting on resulting media coverage (clips, media reports).
- Excellent copy-writing and copy-editing skills
- Excellent oral communications skills
- In-depth knowledge and/or experience in traditional media with a special emphasis on new forms of digital media
- Ability to understand and handle sensitive issues with total discretion
- Knowledge of regional and national media
- Ability to pitch stories to media
- Ability to incorporate video and graphics into media communications
- Combination of right-brain creativity and innovative thinking with left-brain organization and focus
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
- Related work experience preferred
The Nine Network offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Nine Network is an equal opportunity employer.