The Nine Network of Public Media is searching for a Grant Coordinator. This position is responsible for the purpose/s of coordinating and overseeing the grant application and management process including: identification of potential new funding sources, development of funding resources for existing and proposed programs and/or services, writing grants, developing budgets, collaborating on grant applications with various Nine Network departments and community organizations, and processing, monitoring and coordinating required report evaluations on existing grants.
Reports to and works under the general supervision the Director of Community Impact & Shared Experiences.The supervisor advises on resource development strategies. This position works independently to achieve funding priorities and goals. Performance is reviewed by results obtained and satisfaction of staff who require assistance in grant development.
JOB DESCRIPTION - POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Work closely with the community engagement team and supervisors to coordinate and achieve Nine’s funding goals, initiatives and mission:
- Collaborates with a variety of departments and community organizations for the purpose of researching and securing new and existing funding to maintain and enhance initiatives, programs and general support.
- Coordinates and monitors all grant processes (e.g. evaluations, budget, finance, reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the funder guidelines.
- Develops forms, processes, procedures, and policies for the purpose of implementing a consistent grant application practice. Develops grant applications and related documents (e.g. required reports, budgets, specific inquiries, etc.) for the purpose of submitting to the appropriate funding agency.
- Evaluates degree of match between listed grant priority area and needs for the purpose of matching funding sources.
- Monitors proposals and funding application requirements (e.g. presentation (number of copies and binding), content, delivery method and labeling, deadlines, eligibility for grant, etc.) for the purpose of utilizing time and resources to maximize successful awarding of grant funds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of Development/Community Impact area(s)
- Knowledge of and skill in long-range and short-range planning, program development, curriculum and program evaluation
- Knowledge of potential funding sources and skill in grant writing; ability to apply local, state and federal grant guidelines
- Knowledge of Nine Network initiatives and goals; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of three years of experience in writing successful grant applications and accurate project budgets is required.
- Effective experience in working with diverse populations and implementing communications and change strategies that are effective and culturally sensitive
- Experience working closely with team members and partners in a professional capacity
- Ability to manage and work within a budget
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Strong organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, under pressure, meet deadlines and take direction
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule
- Proven ability to handle public and internal interactions with diplomacy and tact without additional supervision
- Must present a professional manner and appearance
The Grant Coordinator will be an employee of the Nine Network of Public Media, an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applications for the position will be accepted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.