Director of Philanthropy
Last Updated by
Experience and Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, aggressive fundraiser with the ability to motivate and work closely with high net worth individuals, corporate executives and others in the philanthropic community. She or he will be an intelligent, articulate self-starter and have at least ten years of progressively increasing responsibilities in fundraising management experience, five of which includes senior management experience in a significant public or private institution. Experience in one or more following areas is preferred: senior level fundraising experience and experience with a large and complex cultural or education institution such as a museum or college that requires a detailed understanding of generating philanthropic support for operations, capital programs, long-range expansion and growing an endowment. Understanding broadcast television and the changing media landscape would be an asset.
Other Specific Requirements:
- A demonstrated interest in public broadcasting and sensitivity, knowledge, and skills to partner closely with the President and CEO and members of the senior Leadership Team are essential.
- A demonstrated knowledge and success in fundraising from a variety or sources including from individual, corporate, foundation, and government sources.
- Able to apply a sophisticated knowledge of fundraising and development to achieve contributed revenue goals to support an ambitious long-term strategy for expansion and growth.
- A successful track record and success in major capital and endowment campaigns.
- Possess high energy level and strong work ethic.
- Ability to take initiative to think creatively and strategically.
- Collegial and collaborative work style.
- Notable administrative skills as evidenced by knowledge of planning, finance, budgeting, and development information systems.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and able to build confidence and rapport among colleagues and stakeholders.
- An articulate and persuasive writer and speaker.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and professional reputation.
- Comfortable with the application of new technologies to fundraising and development programs.
- A demonstrated record of working successfully with sources of influence; adept in forging strong relationships with key people inside and outside of the organization.
- A deep commitment to Nine Network’s mission, vision, and values.
- Enthusiasm and passion in representing Nine Network to a variety of individuals and audiences and in contributing significantly to the strategic plan that will shape Nine’s future.
- Knowledge of issues affecting broadcasting, i.e. digital delivery technologies, Nine’s social media, and digital fundraising.
Scope of responsibilities:
Work closely with the President and CEO to seek specific sources of funding, develop donors and meet strategic goals.
- Serve as staff liaison on board committees and work with individual board members to develop and implement strategies to achieve contributed revenue goals.
- Work closely and collegially with Leadership Team in education, national productions, local productions, programming, and engineering in developing proposals to individuals, corporations, foundations, and government entities.
- Assist the President in inculcating the idea that development and fundraising involve the attention and commitment of all – from Vice Presidents, senior staff and throughout the institution.
- Prepare periodic development and fundraising financial reports.
- Reports to the President and CEO and works in close coordination with the Nine board and other senior managers.
A Bachelor’s degree is required and advanced degree is a plus, as is a record of continuing professional development. A minimum of 10 to 15 years of development experience in increasingly responsible positions is required, as is a successful track record in both managing sizeable development teams and in senior level solicitation and stewardship.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Director of Philanthropy
The Nine Network is an equal opportunity employer.