Director of Digital Media
The Director of Digital Media works collaboratively across the organization to set the strategy and implementation for Nine Network’s non-broadcast content, focusing on the strategy, execution, and analysis of content across all digital platforms. The goal of this position is to expand Nine’s capacity, public exposure, and overall identity in the digital space.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate across organization to ensure that digital strategies are properly integrated to meet Nine’s organizational objectives
- Work with senior leadership to strategize and manage best practices for creating, distributing, and analyzing digital content
- Engage in continuous research and education to ensure Nine is innovative and educated on communicating our content and the value and relevance of our work
- Uncover digital insights and provide thought leadership in a collaborative environment
- Apply audience targets, analytics data, digital trends, and user behaviors
- Create and maintain a social media calendar
- Identify ways to integrate digital media into all marketing/brand/identity campaigns
- Communicate the value of, and gain attention for, the Nine Network, using all forms of digital media
- Build and strengthen relationships with digital media influencers.
- Communicate compelling information about the Nine Network
- Support the creation of original content, and utilize existing content for digital distribution
- Assist in customer service and brand monitoring on digital channels
- Regularly report progress and status of projects.
- Stay in tune with current trends of PBS, member stations, related public media affiliates and nonprofit organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field
- Knowledge of and proven expertise and experience with current and emerging digital and social media platforms
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Proven experience with social media analytics--applying and interpreting meaning
- Ability to review and analyze qualitative and quantitative research
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to incorporate video and graphics into media communications
- Basic design and editing experience is a plus
- Related work experience preferred
The Nine Network offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, email resume to email@example.com. The Nine Network is an equal opportunity employer.