Chief Executive Officer
Last Updated by
- Reports to the Board of Nine Network and is the top executive leader of Nine Network.
- Leads and directs overall planning with the board; carries out Board-approved strategy and promotes accomplishment of annual goals.
- The CEO oversees staff management, financial, event, development, and overall operations.
- Responsible for the financial stability and growth of the organization.
- Facilitates the operation of the Board of Directors.
- Assures organizational compliance with Board-established policy.
- Fosters culture desired by the Board of Directors.
- Represents the organization in the communities served and assumes a leadership role in the civic matters of the broader community.
- Establish partnerships that are good for public media in St. Louis and the surrounding region.
- Ensure Nine Network maintains its strong connection to national organizations involved in public media, particularly PBS.
- Maintains personal reputation as an ethical, trusted leader recognizing the importance of trust within the community as it relates to Nine Network.
- The role is located in St. Louis, MO.
- A passion for public television, public media, and the mission/vision of the organization.
- Track record of successfully leading high-performance organizations of comparable or larger size and complexity.
- Successful general management and P&L responsibility.
- A strategic thinker with successful experience devising, developing, and implementing strategic plans.
- Experience working with or in non-profit organizations.
- Experience serving on or working with boards.
- An effective public speaker with a proven track record of being an effective external presence for an organization, including public speaking, thought leadership, and other activities.
- An individual who can be culture fit with and culture contributor to a community-minded and public-focused non-profit organization.
- A personal connection to and/or an understanding of the St. Louis region.
- Familiarity with and/or experience working in media organizations that create and distribute content, particularly television, video, and digital products.
- Experience with non-profit fundraising, including individual and institutional development as well as grant processes.
- Experience with and expertise about the ongoing transformation of the media business, including the proliferation of digital platforms and evolving audiences and use cases.
Early Goals (1st six months)
- Establish effective working relationships with the board, staff, key donors, partners, and community stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategic plan and report findings and potential revisions to the board.
- Develop short-term and longer-term financial goals and a plan to achieve sustainable results.
- Form a point of view about key community partnerships and opportunities and report to the board.
- Become intimately familiar with Nine Network’s daily financial and operational status as well as leadership and staff, identifying strengths and opportunities in a report to the board.
- Ensure Nine Network’s relationships with national public media organizations remain strong and develop a point of view about future opportunities.
- Working with the board chair and other board members, develop a point of view about opportunities for board development.
Nine Network is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please contact:
O: +1 212-471-5006
M: +1 646-732-3175
Executive Assistant, SRI
O: +1 212-471-5012
M: +1 605-430-6480